Hope Community School, Sidcup has an open door policy which encourages family involvement and participation because we believe families have a key role in their children's educational development and achievement.
We support our families through:
- Part time roles of a Family Liaison Coordinator, Community Partnerships Coordinator and a Chaplain
- An extended school day, allowing parents/carers the flexibility to study or work at reduced childcare costs
- Courses offering support and guidance, such as Parenting and money management or vocational and employability training, such as the Food Hygiene. Some courses can be delivered within school and others via links with Adult Learning and other external organisations.
- Foodbank referrals and support with housing needs
- Signposting and networking to services such as: counselling, volunteering and employment, legal and benefits advice, medical, council and health related issues
As a parent/carer, there are many ways in which you can be involved with Hope Community School, Sidcup, through:
- Regular community events
- Coffee mornings
- Family learning such as Phonics or Mandarin
- Volunteering opportunities
- Supporting the parent led events and fundraising group
- Attending events and courses