Hope Community School is evolving and growing and needs a teacher for September 2018 who wants to join the exciting journey. Our teaching and learning is based on creativity, openness, adventure and excellence and these are underpinned by our Christian values and ethos. We believe that the child is at the heart of all we do. If you want to work in a small Community School which believes in supporting the child and their family through their primary education years, giving them the best start possible, apply to join our team. Please come and visit us by calling Jill or Yuliya in the School Office on 0203 223 2000 to arrange an appointment.
New Generation Schools Trust opened Hope Community School in September 2013, a Free School set up with the full support of the Government in response to local needs and to improve education for children within their community.
Through a Christian ethos and strategically planned personalised curriculum delivered in partnership with other outstanding education partners, the school provides an excellent education experience for children and families. With our child-centred, family-focused and community-oriented approach to education we enable the children of Sidcup and Foots Cray to achieve fantastic things.
At Hope Community School each pupil is developed academically, socially and emotionally working in partnership with his or her family and community. As part of this team, you will shape our school’s culture and its systems as we grow, to ensure that we provide the aspirational, engaging and personalised education that our children deserve by building on each child’s unique gifts, talents and particular needs.
We want to create an exciting and vibrant school that celebrates achievement and diversity. Education should be engaging and we want to inspire children to learn and develop beyond the walls of a School using links with local businesses, offering practical and vocational opportunities as well as traditional pathways. Our vision is to link school and community, teaching the value of each other, in order to better prepare both for their futures
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to join our happy and committed team.
The person appointed will:
- Have outstanding classroom practice, with an experience of working across the primary age range.
- Have a strong commitment to raising pupil achievement across the curriculum
- Have a passion for engaging children’s learning within a rich and stimulating setting
- Support all aspects of the school’s work, including its strong Christian ethos
- Be an active member of the staff team and share in the development of our school
- Join our team in leading and supporting community events including family events and extended school activities
In return we offer:
- Exciting opportunities as pupil numbers increase as part of our growth as a Free School
- A friendly and welcoming school community which thrives within the Christian ethos
- Children who are open, creative and independent learners
- Great communication and support from the whole staff team
- A whole school commitment to personalised CPD
- A growing school with new resources, a range of outside spaces catering for children from Reception to Year 6
- A community that has a real sense of pride in all achievements
Hope Community School is on a journey and is an exciting place to work and learn. This is an opportunity to get involved in real, measurable school improvement. If you are ready to make a difference…come and have a look!
As a growing school, we would welcome applicants with experience in any or all primary key stages however this position is not suitable for a NQT or a job share.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Monday 12th March 2018.
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal opportunities forms should be sent to email@example.com
Interviews will be held: Friday 16th March 2018.
For further information about the school please visit the school website: www.hopecommunityschool.org
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and prior to interview.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.