We are currently advertising for:
A full-time Class Teacher (September 2018 start)
A part-time Midday Supervisor (September 2018 start)
CLASS TEACHER - from September 2018
Hope Community School is evolving and growing and needs a teacher who wants to join the exciting journey. Our teaching and learning is based on creativity, openness, adventure and excellence and these are underpinned by our Christian values and ethos. We believe that the child is at the heart of all we do. If you want to work in a small Community School which believes in supporting the child and their family through their primary education years, giving them the best start possible, apply to join our team. Please come and visit us by calling Jill or Yuliya in the School Office on 0203 223 2000 to arrange an appointment.
Post Title: Class Teacher
Status: Full time – 5 days
Grade/Salary: MPS Outer London
Post Start Date: September 2018
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 21st May at noon
New Generation Schools Trust opened Hope Community School in September 2013, a Free School set up with the full support of the Government in response to local needs and to improve education for children within their community.
Through a Christian ethos and strategically planned personalised curriculum delivered in partnership with other outstanding education partners, the school provides an excellent education experience for children and families. With our child-centred, family-focused and community-oriented approach to education we enable the children of Sidcup and Foots Cray to achieve fantastic things.
At Hope Community School each pupil is developed academically, socially and emotionally working in partnership with his or her family and community. As part of this team, you will shape our school’s culture and its systems as we grow, to ensure that we provide the aspirational, engaging and personalised education that our children deserve by building on each child’s unique gifts, talents and particular needs.
We want to create an exciting and vibrant school that celebrates achievement and diversity. Education should be engaging and we want to inspire children to learn and develop beyond the walls of a School using links with local businesses, offering practical and vocational opportunities as well as traditional pathways. Our vision is to link school and community, teaching the value of each other, in order to better prepare both for their futures
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to join our happy and committed team.
The person appointed will:
* Have outstanding classroom practice, with an experience of working across the primary age range.
* Have a strong commitment to raising pupil achievement across the curriculum
* Have a passion for engaging children’s learning within a rich and stimulating setting
* Support all aspects of the school’s work, including its strong Christian ethos
* Be an active member of the staff team and share in the development of our school
* Join our team in leading and supporting community events including family events and extended school activities
In return we offer:
* Exciting opportunities as pupil numbers increase as part of our growth as a Free School
* A friendly and welcoming school community which thrives within the Christian ethos
* Children who are open, creative and independent learners
* Great communication and support from the whole staff team
* A whole school commitment to personalised CPD
* A growing school with new resources, a range of outside spaces catering for children from Reception to Year 6
* A community that has a real sense of pride in all achievements
Hope Community School is on a journey and is an exciting place to work and learn. This is an opportunity to get involved in real, measurable school improvement. If you are ready to make a difference…come and have a look!
As a growing school, we would welcome applicants with experience in any or all primary key stages and NQT’s.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st May at noon
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 23rd May
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and prior to interview.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
Part-time Midday Supervisor - from September 2018
New Generation Schools Trust opened Hope Community School in September 2013, a Free School, to meet the increasing demand for primary school places in the local area.
Through a Christian ethos and strategically planned personalised curriculum delivered in partnership with other outstanding education partners, the school provides an excellent education experience for children and families. With our child-centred, family-focused and community-oriented approach to education we enable the children to achieve fantastic things.
We are seeking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to join our team in September 2018. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the lunchtime dining and play experiences for Hope children are healthy, safe and fun. The post offered will be permanent subject to a satisfactory probationary period of six months.
We are looking for professional, polite and confident team player who has experience of working with children, ideally in a community setting.
The job involves;
- Supervising pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch
- Assisting and supervising the clearing away and tidying of the eating area
- Supervising pupils after lunch, either inside or outside the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the pupils within their care, and in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy
- Ensuring reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including restraint) with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised
- Attending to accidents in the playground in accordance with the School procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment
You will be part of a team working collaboratively to develop outstanding practice. If you feel you are ready for this challenge we would be delighted to welcome you to our dynamic team. We can offer you a very friendly and supportive working environment in our community focused school.
We will appoint someone who:
- has a positive, "can do" disposition
- has excellent all round communication skills
- works flexibly and recognises the specific demands of a school environment
- works as part of a team and independently
- takes initiative, identify and solve problems
- deals sensitively and effectively with people
- has understanding, experience and enjoyment of working with children
Hope Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought and the successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 25th May 2018
Please send completed application forms to email@example.com
Equal opportunities forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held: Thursday 7th June 2018