At Hope Community School, we believe that good attendance is essential to effective learning. Any absence affects the pattern of a child’s schooling and regular absence will affect their attainment and social integration with their peers. Pupils who attend regularly achieve more highly. Punctuality is equally as important. If children are late for school, they miss out on the regular morning routines and disrupt the class teaching and the learning of other children. Pupils with regular attendance and good punctuality have an easier transfer into secondary school. It will also aid pupils when they reach the workplace.
There is a direct link between pupil attendance and pupil attainment and progress. All children should aim for 97% attendance.
See the full details of the School's Attendance Policy below.
Hope Term Dates 2023-24
• Monday 4 September to Friday 20 October 2023
• Half term: Monday 23 October to Friday 3 November 2023
• Monday 6 November to Wednesday 20th December 2023
• Wednesday 3rd January to Friday 9 February 2024
• Half term: Monday 12 February to Friday 16 February 2024
• Monday 19 February to Thursday 28th March 2024
• Monday 15 April to Friday 24 May 2024 (the early May bank holiday will be taken on 6 May)
• Half term: Monday 27 May to Friday 31 May 2024
• Monday 3 June to Wednesday 24 July 2024
Thursday 31st August 2023
Friday 1st Sept 2023
Wednesday 3rd January
Monday 19th February