- New Generation Schools Trust/
- News and Vacancies/
- Teaching Assistant (121 for SEN child with diabetes) Fixed term for 1 year/
TEACHING ASSISTANT (one to one for SEN child with diabetes)) Fixed term for 1 year
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant to work with a SEN child with diabetes who wants to join the exciting journey from September 2019 for a year. Our teaching and learning is based on creativity, openness, adventure and excellence and these are underpinned by our Christian values and ethos. We believe that the child is at the heart of all we do.
Post Title: Teaching Assistant for SEN (one year contract)
Status: Full Time (term time)
Grade/Salary: NJC 10 - £20,279 (actual £17,111)
Post Start Date: September 2019
Everyone’s experience of Type 1 diabetes is different and the level of support they need will depend on the child. Their individual healthcare plan must link their education to recognise how diabetes affects their learning.
Training will be provided to look after a child with diabetes.
The person appointed will:
- · work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work /care/support programmes,
- · have experience in school and with SEN experience
- · enable access to learning for pupil/s and to assist the teachers in the management of pupil/s
- · attend planning meetings.
- · work in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- · supervise the child/ren from the allocated class during the lunchtime period to maintain high standards of behaviour in the refectory/playground.
- · organise homework support for identified pupil after school.
- · be educated to degree level or equivalent
Hope Community School is on a journey and is an exciting place to work and learn. This is an opportunity to get involved in real, measurable school improvement. If you are ready to make a difference…come and have a look by calling Jill or Sandra in the School Office on 0203 223 2000 to arrange an appointment!
For further information about the school and application form please visit the school website: www.hopecommunityschool.org. Completed application forms to be returned to email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
Closing Date for Applications: 12pm noon on Tuesday 16th July 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 17th July 2019