Art at Hope Community School
Here at Hope Community School we aim to provide an art curriculum which embodies our core values of creativity, adventure, openness and excellence. Through exploring the beauty and diversity of artwork from across the world and across the centuries, we seek to nurture and grow the creativity within, and we support children in finding and celebrating their unique styles and individuality.
Through a carefully considered two year rolling programme, we provide a high-quality art education that explores the work of the world’s greatest artists and offers children opportunities to develop creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design. Children have the opportunity to explore art through a range of mediums including drawing, print, painting, collage and sculpture.
Our lessons aim to give children real, hands-on experience which will prepare them for secondary school and the wider world as globally responsible citizens.
Our aim is that all children:
- are inspired by the wonder of art and encouraged to develop curiosity, creativity and enjoyment in the Arts;
- become familiar with a body of knowledge, principles, skills, techniques and vocabulary related to the Arts subjects;
- are exposed to a wide range of creative experiences and resources from a diverse range of cultures and traditions;
- have equal access to the Arts, irrespective of their gender, ethnic origin, academic attainment etc.
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other arts
- have opportunities to evaluate and critique art using the language of art, craft and design