30th March 2020
All families may find the Self Care Kit created by Sheffield's Children NHS useful at this time to keep fit and well. The link is at the base of the page.
27/3/2020 Update for Families
Thank you for your continued support since the national school closures. Thank you for your patience and enthusiasm in setting up opportunities for your children to continue to learn even though we are no longer gathering at school. Staff have enjoyed you sending in photographs via Class DoJo of what the children have been doing at home. It’s really important that during school closures, we continue to communicate with each other.
We thought it would be helpful for parents to understand what they can expect from School in the coming weeks and what School expects from parents.
Each week teaching staff will
· set additional learning via Class DoJo to supplement the tasks that were sent home before School closures.
· run online Zoom sessions each week to allow the children to socialise with each other.
· continue to be available via Class DoJo during School hours to support you with any home learning queries.
Each week, we expect families to
· support learning from home by completing tasks set by teachers and sending in at least one piece of completed learning each week
· continue to hear their child read at home daily, practise their phonics, learn spellings or times tables.
· keep in touch with teaching staff by responding to Class DoJo messages or telephone calls (if appropriate).
We kindly ask that you continue to be patient if waiting for a response via Class DoJo - as you will be aware, some staff will still be working in school, will have families at home or be unwell themselves. If you have any general questions, wish to send a message to Fiona Verge our Family Liaison Officer, or Terry West our Chaplain (who is open to requests for prayer or practical support). Please email the office staff as usual on email@example.com.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones, as we know that by you offering your child love, stability at a time of national challenge and insecurity you will nurture them and allow them to feel more at ease.