17th March 2020
This guidance may of course impact on our ability as a school to provide effective levels of staffing, particularly as the situation is ever-evolving at a quick rate. In addition, we are reducing the number of visitors entering the school buildings, to minimise the risk to our children and staff.
For these reasons, we are implementing the following measures, in order to fulfil the Government’s legislation that schools remain open.
Entry to site and contact with the office.
As a school we have prioritised the education of the children; therefore, teaching and learning in classes will continue as normal, however in order to provide further protection, I request that:
· Families will be requested to drop their children off by the entrance, in the Courtyard, but do not walk them to the classrooms.
· Contact with the office is via email email@example.com or telephone 0203 3223 2000.
· We request that all families refrain from entering the school building and do not use the reception area as a waiting area.
The following events have been cancelled.
· All school trips both locally and into London
· All meetings and structured conversations with families (telephone calls only, if necessary)
· Lovely Hat Collectives including the Mother’s Day Collective.
· Easter Celebration and the CRIBS Easter play.
After the Easter holidays, we will review the situation and inform you about upcoming events for the Summer Term.
Please note, the school office has been receiving calls from families to ask advice as to whether children should be kept off school or not. The school cannot advise on this, as we are not medical professionals. This is a parental decision and should be taken in accordance with the Government and Public Health, Department for Education guidance. It is useful to access clear information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) rather than media interpretations. The Government link is: https:www.gov.uk/coronavirus
End of the day pick up
Families with children in Entrepreneurs can continue to pick them up between 3pm and 3.30pm, as of today, you may now collect any older siblings at the same time. These children will be called down to the Entrepreneur classroom as you arrive.
The school will continue with designated times for children to wash their hands regularly throughout the day and additional anti-bacterial cleaning, particularly on surfaces that are used most often, e.g. door handles.
We will still continue to run our Enrichment clubs; the Elevate Children’s Club will continue to operate as these activities only involve our children. We have prioritised the education of the children; therefore, teaching and learning in classes will continue as normal.